"converting an array from one to multi-dimensional based on parent id values" Code Answer
Answers related to “converting an array from one to multi-dimensional based on parent id values”
- Convert flat array to the multi-dimensional
- using array_search for multi dimensional array
- How to create multi-dimensional array from a list?
- Is auto-initialization of multi-dimensional hash array possible in Ruby, as it is in PHP?
- PHP - Make multi-dimensional associative array from a delimited string
- Sort a multi-dimensional array
- How do I sort a multi-dimensional array by value?
- Variable containing a path as a string to multi-dimensional array?
- How to get all the key in multi-dimensional array in php
- php - how to remove all elements of an array after one specified
- Sort multi-dimensional array built from CSV data using PHP
- How can I create an array from the values of another array's key?
- How to check if a multi-dimensional array only contains empty values?
- Converting an single-dimension array into a multi-dimensional associated array
- How in PHP to add values from one array to another when their key value pairs match?
- Creating a Multi-Dimentional from another Multi Dimensional Array
- PHP multi dimensional array manipulation
- Remove duplicate values from a multidimensional array based on a specific key
- Getting the next item in an array based on the ID of the previous item
- PHP: How can I print multi-dimensional array elements using foreach?
- Merge multi-dimensional arrays and sum column values which share a common value in another column
- Retrieving values from a PHP Multi-dimensional Array
- multi-dimensional array into a single layered array PHP
- random php multi-dimensional array and get the original array index
- How to create a multi-dimensional array from string
- Filtering multi-dimensional array
- Searching multi-dimensional array's keys using a another array
- Accessing an arbitrarily deep key in a multi-dimensional array
- Category hierarchy from array(cat id => parent id)
- sorting a multi-dimensional array
- Explode string by multiple delimiters into multi-dimensional array php
- Laravel - Form Input - Multiple select for a one to many relationship
- Synchronizing a one-to-many relationship in Laravel
- Adding arrays to multi-dimensional array within loop
- Processing multi-dimensional $_FILES array
- Merge php array based on two unique values
- How can I pass an array from PHP to Actionscript 3/Flash?
- How to group by and sum a multi-dimensional array?
- PHP find the array index key of multi dimensional array to update array
- PHP and 2 multidimensional array compare based on two key values
- How to search an multi-dimensional array with multiple search conditions?
- Looping through a multi-dimensional array
- PHP and outputting one-to-many results
- how to remove an array from a multidimensional array?
- Traversing a multi-dimensional array
- One-To-Many Relationships in laravel eloquent
- Converting an array of arrays from Laravel's collection into an object with an array in json
- How to filter multi-dimensional array (with more than two levels) by value?
- PHP - Automatically creating a multi-dimensional array
- How to search a multi-dimensional array by multiple values at once in PHP?
- How to restructure multi-dimensional array with columns as rows?
- multi-dimensional array hierarchy from key name
- Undefined offset when creating/adding Multi-Dimensional array values
- Sorting 3 dimensional array at 2nd level based on 3rd level values
- Sort multi-dimensional array help
- Merge multi-dimensional arrays with common id
- Multi Dimensional Associative Array of Arrays
- How can I get variable from multi dimensional array with php?
- Explode and assign it to a multi-dimensional array
- Build a Tree from a Multi-Dimensional PHP Array using mysql results
- Trouble getting the image out from public folder with a one-to-one relationship
- How can I reindex a multi-dimensional array?
- Convert numeric strings in multi-dimensional array to int
- How to Sort Multi-dimensional Array by Value?
- How to access and manipulate multi-dimensional array by key names / path?
- How to sum all column values in multi-dimensional array?
- How to “flatten” a multi-dimensional array to simple one in PHP?
- Return single column from a multi-dimensional array
- One to one optional relationship using Entity Framework Fluent API
- Show a one to many relationship as 2 columns - 1 unique row (ID & comma separated list)
- How to express a One-To-Many relationship in Django?
- Spring 3 MVC: one-to-many within a dynamic form (add/remove on create/update)
- SQL update from one Table to another based on a ID match IN db2
- Difference Between One-to-Many, Many-to-One and Many-to-Many?
- How to declare one to one relationship using Entity Framework 4 Code First (POCO)
- How to return an array from JNI to Java?
- How to Create a real one-to-one relationship in SQL Server
- Hibernate: one-to-one lazy loading, optional = false
- Converting an array of objects to an array of their primitive types
- JPA: How to have one-to-many relation of the same Entity type
- Is it possible to dynamically build a multi-dimensional array in Java?
- Java: Multi-dimensional array vs. one-dimensional
- Multi-dimensional array transposing
- When to use inverse=false on NHibernate / Hibernate OneToMany relationships?
- JPA - Persisting a One to Many relationship
- Hibernate unidirectional one to many association - why is a join table better?
- NHibernate configuration for uni-directional one-to-many relation
- Using array_intersect on a multi-dimensional array
- Converting an array of objects to ActiveRecord::Relation
- One-To-Many relationship gets duplicate objects without using “distinct”. Why?
- Removing an item from a list of lists based on each of the lists first element
- malloc in C, but use multi-dimensional array syntax
- Pandas : Proper way to set values based on condition for subset of multiindex dataframe
- converting an array of characters to a const gchar*
- PHP best way to MD5 multi-dimensional array?
- how to get two dimensional string Array from one Activity to other
- Java HashMap associative multi dimensional array can not create or add elements
- Passing An Array From One Bash Script to Another
- Both One-To-One and One-To-Many relationships in Entity Framework 5 Code First
- Jackson bidirectional relationship (One-to-many) not working
- How do I pass a parent id as an fk to child object's ModelForm using generic class-based views in Django?
- Difference between one-to-many and many-to-one relationship
- MySQL - One To One Relationship?
- Php multi-dimensional array from mysql result
- Find all second level keys in multi-dimensional array in php
- Python, ctypes, multi-Dimensional Array
- Hibernate : attempted to assign id from null one-to-one property: employee
- AspNetUsers' ID as Foreign key in separate table, one-to-one relationship
- Fluent nHibernate: one-to-many relationship Issue
- Symfony2 Doctrine2 trouble with optional one to one relation
- Why can't I omit the dimensions altogether when initializing a multi-dimensional array?
- One-to-many Flask | SQLAlchemy
- Using ProtoBuf-Net, how to (de)serialize a multi-dimensional array?
- Creating nested parent child array from one dimensional array in php
- Using both many-to-many and one-to-many to same entity
- Python: remove duplicates from a multi-dimensional array
- Selecting a multi-dimensional array in LINQ
- Multi-dimensional array vs. One-dimensional
- How to return an array from Java to PL/SQL?
- How to set the one-to-one relationship with fluent api in this case? (EF6)
- Multi-Dimensional array count in PHP
- Element-wise matrix multiplication for multi-dimensional array
- How can I convert a boxed two-dimensional array to a two-dimensional string array in one step?
- Sum the values of two associative multi-dimensional arrays in PHP
- Printing a multi dimensional array in table using For loop
- Programming a one-to-many relationship
- Awk array iteration for multi-dimensional arrays
- Slicing a multi-dimensional PHP array across one of its elements
- Fluent NHibernate & one-to-one
- Converting an array of hashes to ONE hash in Ruby
- return an entire row of a multidimensional array in VBA to a one dimensional array
- AutoMapper one to many relation
- Parent Id null in @OneToMany mapping JPA
- Group multidimensional array data based on two column values and sum values of one column in each group
- Populating an object based on a one-to-many table relationship in SQL
- flipping a multi-dimensional array java
- NHibernate one-to-one mapping where second table data can be null
- Get an array from a Rails form
- switching from MySQL to PostgreSQL for Ruby on Rails for the sake of Heroku
- array_push into a multi-dimensional array
- sort a multi-dimensional associative array?
- Multi-dimensional char array (array of strings) in python ctypes
- UPDATE all column values equivalent to another tables column value based on their id
- How to sort multi-dimensional array (PHP)?
- Grails one to many relationship view
- multi dimensional char array?
- java multi-dimensional array fails with a nullpointerexception
- Subsonic - can anyone provide an example of using Subsonic SimpleRepository to persist a list/array of objects?
- How to configure a One-to-Many relationship in EF
- How to initialize multi-dimensional array with different default value
- How can I get the array of a single type from a multi dimensional array (without a loop)
- Transform flat array into a hierarchical, multi-dimensional array
- Sort a multi-dimensional array based on an ordered array
- PHP array group in loop and create multi dimensional array
- Referential integrity with One to One using hibernate
- php filter array values and remove duplicates from multi dimensional array
- Java: Efficiently converting an array of longs to an array of bytes
- Test if an array is broadcastable to a shape?
- one to many with mongoose
- Converting an array of primitives to List using Arrays.asList
- Ruby on Rails: How to redirect page based on post params in search_field?
- how to pass one-to-many from controller to view in mvc4
- C++ & Python: Pass and return a 2D double pointer array from python to c++
- Hibernate Criteria Return parent record that have one-to-one child record not null?
- EF5 one-to-one without navigation
- get data from multi-dimensional array using PHP code
- How to crop an image from AVCapture to a rect seen on the display
- Why is the enumeration value from a multi dimensional array not equal to itself?
- Rails one-to-one relationship
- Most Efficient One-To-Many Relationships in Google App Engine Datastore?
- Join one to many and retrieve single result
- Print multi-dimensional array using foreach
- Converting an image from Cartesian to Polar - Limb Darkening
- Posting a one-to-many relationship
- In Pandas How to sort one level of a multi-index based on the values of a column, while maintaining the grouping of...
- How do I print a multi-dimensional array in ruby?
- Hibernate - One to many relationship and orphanRemoval cascade
- Hibernate one-to-one entity association with shared PK between 3 classes
- Hibernate: bi-directional one-to-many with one as parent
- PHP and MySQL - efficiently handling multiple one to many relationships
- Optional one-to-one mapping in Hibernate
- How to Select All with a One to Many Relationship Using Linq
- How to make dynamic multi-dimensional array in ruby?
- When XSLT for-each is in a loop. How can I add an attribute or node to that XML based on other XML value. USING XSLT
- ViewModels and one-to-many relationships with Entity Framework in MVC?
- Nhibernate One-to-one mapping issue with child object insert error
- make a One to Many Relation in django
- one-to-one mapping is not working with 2nd-Level-Cache
- use the one-to-many or many-to-one
- How to lazy load a one-to-one composition via hql
- ValueError: Shape mismatch: if categories is an array, it has to be of shape (n_features,)
- How to render one to many relationships to XML with PostgreSQL
- Multi-dimensional array and pointer to pointers
- In SQL / MySQL, are there reasons not to put one-to-one relationship in the same table?
- mysql one-to-many query with negation and/or multiple criteria
- Generic trigger to restrict insertions based on count
- How do I search a multi-dimensional array?
- Hibernate one-to-many search with Criteria
- Django - one-to-one modelAdmin
- Angular 2.0 and TypeScript - Populate <select> options from multi-dimensional array objects
- how to return a json response based on database relationship using eloquent
- Converting an array of shorts to an array of doubles
- How can I find the longest string in a multi-dimensional array?
- Which collection is better to store data from multi-dimensional array?
- Take N values from Observable until its complete based on an event. Lazy loading a multi select list
- SQL query two tables with relation one-to-many
- Android: Converting an XML from the raw folder to string
- Devise Redirects to specific page based on User Role on Login
- one to many unidirectional hibernate mapping doesn't save the child table
- Delete an item from many-to-many relationship
- One-To-One relationship with nullable foreign keys
- How to assign multiple values at once to multi-dimensional array AFTER creating it - in C?
- Java - Add values to two-dimensional Array and how see the array?
- Return an array from python to C++
- SubSonic 3 - Simple repository - One to many relations
- EF: one-to-one relationship
- Doctrine/Symfony - Multiple one-to-many relations on same Model
- SwiftUI Core Data does not refresh "one to many" relations properly and lists are not refreshed
- Catching an error based on unique id values in a data.frame
- mySQL: Querying one-to-many -table?
- How to Map many one-to-many relationship in ASP.NET MVC?
- How to send send an array of objects to a NamedQuery that needs the "id" of all the objects.
- Convert any multi-dimensional numpy array to tuple of tuples of tuples... agnostic of number of dimensions
- Prefetch on a one-to-many in Django not behaving as expected
- NHibernate - one-to-one Mapping
- pass an array from jQuery to PHP (and actually go to the page after submit)
- Ruby loops and classes; splitting a string into an array and back to a string again
- Hibernate One To Many Eager Not Pulling in all Data
- How to create an array from 1 to N in TypeScript?
- Sending elements of an array as arguments to a method call
- one to many mapping to a property of superclass
- JOOQ pojos with one-to-many and many-to-many relations
- How to highlight rows based on content in Excel Dataframe?
- One-to-many select in Jooq
- Is there any advantage/disadvantage of storing field value as a JSON array rather than creating new table and...
- Doctrine 2 one-to-one via composite key
- Android: Using multi-dimensional string array for list
- Java JPA one to many
- Using an array of Strings to create a 2D (map) array in Java
- JPA one-to-many association to an entity with @Inheritance(strategy=InheritanceType.JOINED)
- Database Design for Multiple Room Reservation: One To Many
- Sort out only first item in multi array based on antoher id in array (PHP)
Only authorized users can answer the search term. Please sign in first, or register a free account.
The following code-example converts the array
$arrayinto the tree-structure you're looking for:
This does not work, if there is an existing parent id that is
0. But could be easily changed to reflect that.
This is a related question, that has the original array already keyed, so the first half of the solution could be spared: Nested array. Third level is disappearing.
So how does this work? This is making use of PHP variable aliasing (also known as references) and (temporary) arrays that are used to store a) aliases to the nodes (
$keyed) and b) to build the new tree order (
$treecontain references to values in
$array, I first copy over that information into
$keyedis still set (and contains references to the same values as in
This un-sets all references in
$keyedand ensures, that all values in
$arrayaren't referenced any longer (the value's refcount is reduced by one).
If the temporary arrays are not unset after the iteration, their references would still exist. If you use
$array, you would see that all values would have a
&in front, because they are still referenced.
unset($keyed)removes these references,
var_dump($array)again, and you will see the
&s are gone.
I hope this was understandable, references can be hard to follow sometimes if you're not fluent with them. It often helps me to think about them as variable aliases.
If you want some exercise, consider the following:
Decide on your own when you would like to click the link which contains a Solution.